Technical Assistance Grants
To help organizations build their internal capacity
On This Page
Technical Assistance Grants: OPEN
Technical Assistance Grants help organizations build their internal capacity to make a positive impact. They can be used to develop additional leadership expertise, engage in strategic planning, or hire an outside expert with specialized expertise. Grant funds cannot be used to compensate staff or board members to conduct the work of a consultant. If your project does not fit this category, check out our other Current Funding Opportunities.
Typical Grant Size: Up to $5,000
Length: Single year
For information purposes only (similar projects are not guaranteed funding):
- Hire a consultant to assist your organization in developing a strategic plan
- Hire a trainer to train board and staff on effective fundraising strategies
- Pay for staff members to attend a training or conference that builds their skills and capacity
- Hire an outside accountant to help build financial systems to make your organization eligible for governmental grants
Technical Assistance Grant requests need to:
- Meet the Foundation’s eligibility and readiness requirements
- Serve communities in rural Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif., with less than 35,000 in population not adjacent to or part of an urban or metropolitan area
- The recipient organization's mission must align with one of the following Foundation program areas:
- Children, Youth and Families
- Postsecondary Success
- Ford Institute for Community Building
- Community Economic Development
Provide the following:
- Amount being requested (up to $5,000)
- The type of capacity-building activity planned. Options are:
- Hire an external consultant / trainer / expert
- Send employees or board members to an outside event, training or conference
- The name of the consultant / trainer / outside expert to be hired, or the outside event / training / conference to be attended
- A description of the organizational capacity to be attained through the activity
- A list of the financial or in-kind contributions your organization has made (or will make) to support this activity. There is no specific match requirement, but you need to include evidence that your organization is invested in this activity.
Questions? Contact Grants Management (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (541) 957-5574.
What to expect
Typically, funding for a Technical Assistance Grant is decided within four weeks of the application being received.