Ford Scholars Program
A legacy from Kenneth W. Ford
On This Page
Applications are now open
(for the 2018-2019 academic year)
Applications due: March 1, 2018.
The Ford Scholars Program was created by Kenneth W. Ford (1908-1997), a founder of The Ford Family Foundation, to assist students who otherwise would find it impossible, or at least very difficult, to obtain a college degree. Mr. Ford established the Foundation to help many worthy causes, but the Ford Scholars Program was always one of his favorite projects. Each year, 120 Ford Scholars are selected.
Scholarship amount: Covers 90% of unmet college costs not covered by outside resources
- Residents of Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif.
- Graduating high school seniors (or equivalent) or community college students at point of transfer as a junior and who are seeking a bachelor’s degree
- Students who plan to enroll full time in the fall in their state of residence (Oregon or California)
- Students who have NOT already started full-time at a 4-year college
What is the scholarship?
- Supports students who have significant financial barriers to college
- Award amount is calculated on college cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships
- Non-financial support including academic, emotional and professional guidance and leadership development
- Renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study
how to apply
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (or alternative if undocumented) as soon as possible after October 1
- Applications due on March 1, 2018
For complete eligibility and selection criteria:
Download the Ford Scholars Handout PDF
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100 | Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 | Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223