Technical Assistance Grants Development Page
To help organizations build their internal capacity
On This Page
Technical Assistance Grants: OPEN
Technical Assistance Grants help organizations build their internal capacity to make a positive impact. They can be used to develop additional leadership expertise, engage in strategic planning, or hire an outside expert with specialized expertise.
Typical Grant Size: Up to $5,000
Length: Single year
For information purposes only (similar projects are not guaranteed funding):
- Hire a consultant to assist the organization with creating a 3-year strategic plan
- Hire a consultant to train board and staff members about fundraising
- Pay for staff members' registration and travel to attend a conference that builds their capacity to better serve the organization
- Pay for the services of an accountant to restructure the organizations chart of accounts
Grant funds cannot be used to compensate staff or board members to conduct the work of a consultant. If your project does not fit this category, check out our other Current Funding Opportunities.
Technical Assistance Grant requests need to:
- Meet the Foundation’s eligibility and readiness requirements
- Serve communities in rural Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif., with less than 35,000 in population not adjacent to or part of an urban or metropolitan area
- Align with one of these program areas of the Foundation:
- Children, Youth and Families
- Postsecondary Success
- Ford Institute for Community Building
- Community Economic Development
Questions? Contact Grants Management or call (541) 957-5574.
What to expect
- Usually grant requests can be decided within one month.
- If your request makes it beyond the initial review, we are happy to talk to you about decision timing to aid in your planning.