Tips for Applicants
Create a winning application
On This Page
Tips for Completing a Ford Family Scholarship Application
- The application is available online.
- Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 and before March 1 to be certain it is available for review.
- Treat it like a job resume – it has a similar purpose. Selection committees want to see what you’ve done and how you’ve already begun to make your mark in the world.
- Be sure to complete all parts of the application. Review your completed application before submitting, including checking for typos in your Activities Chart and Personal Statements.
- Submit the correct transcript(s). Failure to provide the correct transcript(s) invalidates your application – no exceptions.
- Log on to your OSAC Student Portal to regularly check your application status.
Deadline - March 1*
Your online application and related materials must be submitted by March 1*. All eligible applications are reviewed and the most qualified applicants are invited to individual interviews in late April. Depending on the program, applicant interviews are conducted in Ashland, Portland, Roseburg, LaGrande and Eugene, Oregon; or via videoconference.
* If the OSAC Scholarship Application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will automatically be extended until 5 p.m. PST of the following business day.
For More Information
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100
Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 • Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223