Tips for Applicants
Create a winning application
On This Page
Tips for Completing a Ford Family Scholarship Application
- The application and worksheet are available online. Use the worksheet to get familiar with the online application process.
- Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 and before March 1 to be certain it is available for review.
- Treat it like a job resume – it has a similar purpose! Selection committees want to see what you’ve done and how you’ve already began to make your mark in the world.
- Be sure to complete all parts of the application. Review your completed application before submitting, including checking for typos in your Activities Chart and Personal Statements.
- Submit the correct transcript(s). Failure to provide the correct transcript(s) invalidates your application – no exceptions.
- Log on to your student profile to regularly check your application status.
Deadline - March 1*
Your online application and related materials must be submitted by March 1*. All eligible applications are reviewed and the most qualified applicants are invited to individual interviews in mid-May. Depending on the program, applicant interviews are conducted in Ashland, Portland, Roseburg, LaGrande and Eugene, Oregon; or via videoconference.
* If the OSAC Scholarship Application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will automatically be extended until 5 p.m. PST of the following business day.
For More Information
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100
Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 • Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223