Ford Opportunity Program
For single parents
On This Page
Applications are now open
for the 2019-2020 academic year
Hallie E. Ford (1905-2007), a founder of The Ford Family Foundation, established the Ford Opportunity Program to assist single parents in obtaining a degree. She realized that students who are parents have many extra responsibilities. Each year, up to 50 students are selected.
Scholarship amount: Covers 90% of unmet college costs not covered by outside resources
- Residents of Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif.
- Single parents with custody of dependent children
- Students who have a high school diploma or GED, or be about to complete high school or GED, or be a continuing college student.
- Students seeking an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Students who plan to enroll full time in their state of residence (Oregon or California)
What is the scholarship?
- Supports students who have significant financial barriers to college
- Award amount is calculated on college cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships
- Non-financial support including academic, emotional and professional guidance and leadership development
- Renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study
How to apply
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (or alternative if undocumented as soon as possible after October 1
For complete eligibility and selection criteria:
Download the Ford Opportunity Handout PDF
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100 | Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 | Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223