Good Neighbor Grants
For the unexpected and simple projects
On This Page
Good Neighbor Grants: OPEN
The Ford Family Foundation works to provide small grants to organizations in response to unexpected needs or simple projects. These grants are highly competitive and limited. A shorter application is used, and the requests are reviewed by staff regularly. If your project does not fit this category, check out our other Current Funding Opportunities.
Typical Grant Size: $1,000 to $10,000.
Length: Single year
Types of Funds: Programmatic and capital. Grants do not cover 100% of a project, unless it is a small component of larger project.
For information purposes only (similar projects are not guaranteed funding). We give priority to short-term grant requests for simple projects, unforeseen emergencies that interrupt programming or services, and one-off events or activities. We also prioritize projects where our grant dollars are used to complete the funding of the project or program. For example:
- A furnace repair at a community center
- Bark mulch for a playground
- Emergency needs
- A community cultural event
Lower priority given to:
- Requests supporting programs that do not have enough funding.
- Requests for general capacity building.
- Requests for small needs that fall into the other categories (Early Childhood Development, Youth Development and Education, Access to Health and Dental Services for Children, Child Abuse Prevention and Intervention, Community Building Spaces, Assistance Grants).
Good Neighbor Grant requests need to:
- Meet the Foundation’s eligibility and readiness requirements
- Serve communities in rural Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif., with less than 35,000 in population not adjacent to or part of an urban or metropolitan area
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Very small grants can be decided within two months.
- If your request makes it beyond the initial review, we are happy to talk to you about decision timing to aid in your planning.
- Should the request be approved, funds will be released in no less than 60 days.