Ford ReStart Program
For adults 25 years and older
On This Page
The Ford ReStart Scholars Program offers a need-based scholarship to help adults, age 25 and older, succeed in college and beyond. Up to 46 renewable scholarships are awarded each year to students from Oregon and Siskiyou County, California.
Scholarship amount: Award covers 90% of unmet college costs and is calculated on the college’s Cost of Attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships.
- Residents of Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif.
- Adults 25 years or older with considerable years of employment ahead
- Students no more than halfway through their degree program
- Students seeking an associate or bachelor’s degree, and have not previously earned a bachelor's degree
- Students who plan to enroll full time in their state of residence (Oregon or Calif.)
What is the scholarship?
- Supports students who have significant financial barriers to college
- Financial support calculated on college Cost of Attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships
- In addition to a generous financial award, Scholars receive academic guidance, leadership development, personal and professional support, and access to the Ford Family alumni network
Renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study
How to Apply
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (or alternative if undocumented) as soon as possible after October 1
- Then, complete the application form here
For complete eligibility and selection criteria: Download the Ford ReStart Handout PDF
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100 | Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 | Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223