We see your potential
Ford Transfer Scholars by the numbers
Scholarships for our programs include a renewable financial award of up to $40,000 per year.
The actual award amount is calculated based on several factors, including the student's financial need, the cost of attendance at their college of choice and additional scholarships received.
Ford Transfer Scholars are pursuing their goals
Our selection process recognizes the hard work of community college students, especially rural students. There is no minimum GPA requirement to apply, however, attention is given to performance and progression in college to date. We look for resilient students who believe success is the result of hard work and exemplify exceptional qualities such as:
Show an academic ability to be successful in college; curious and motivated to learn
Community engagement and service to others
Contribute to school, family and/or community; think and care about how they impact the world around them and take action to get involved
Demonstrate responsibility and initiative in skill-building and learning through experiences such as paid or unpaid work
Motivation and mindset
Believe success comes from one’s ability to grow and learn; rise to challenges and persist despite obstacles; willing to ask for help and utilize resources
Ford Transfer Scholars experience
For community college students seeking a bachelor’s degree in their home state of Oregon or California, the Ford Transfer Scholars Program covers costs such as tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Specifically, the Ford Transfer Scholars Program includes:
Personal and professional support
Lifetime connection with the Ford Family alumni community
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Resident of Oregon or Siskiyou County, California
- Under the age of 25 by March 1 of the application year
- Current community college student or recent graduate (within the last academic year) of an accredited community college in their home state of Oregon or California
- Prepared to transfer to a four-year institution with the goal of earning a four-year college degree. Has not previously earned a bachelor’s degree
- Face significant barriers – financial and otherwise – to attending college
- Prepared to enroll fall of application year, attending full-time, on campus at a federally financial aid-eligible public or private (nonprofit) college, based in their home state of Oregon or California*
*Residents of Siskiyou County may attend Oregon Institute of Technology, Southern Oregon University or Klamath Community College if they qualify for in-state tuition. Online college education programs do not qualify.
HOW TO APPLY
Connect with us
Want to receive the latest scholarship news and information? Do you have questions about our scholarship programs? We're here for you. Please feel free to get in touch through the form below and our team will get back to you.
Scholarships contact form
"*" indicates required fields