Ford Scholars Program
A legacy from Kenneth W. Ford
On This Page
The Ford Scholars Program was created by Kenneth W. Ford (1908-1997), a founder of The Ford Family Foundation, to assist students who otherwise would find it impossible, or at least very difficult, to obtain a college degree. Mr. Ford established the Foundation to help many worthy causes, but the Ford Scholars Program was always one of his favorite projects. Each year, up to 130 renewable scholarships are awarded to students from Oregon and Siskiyou County, California.
Scholarship amount: Award covers 90% of unmet college costs and is calculated on the college’s Cost of Attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
- Residents of Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif.
- Graduating high school seniors (or equivalent) who have never enrolled full time in a 2- or 4- year college and seeking a bachelor’s degree
- Students who plan to enroll full time in the fall in their state of residence (Oregon or Calif.)
What is the scholarship?
- Supports students who have significant financial barriers to college
- Award amount is calculated on college cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships
- In addition to a generous financial award, Scholars receive academic guidance, leadership development, personal and professional support, and access to the Ford Family alumni network
- Renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study
how to apply
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (or alternative if undocumented) as soon as possible after October 1
- Then, complete the application form here
For complete eligibility and selection criteria:
Download the Ford Scholars Handout PDF
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100 | Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 | Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223