Ford Transfer Scholars Program
For community college students
On This Page
The Ford Transfer Scholars Program offers a comprehensive, need-based scholarship to high performing community college students under the age of 25 planning to transfer to a full-time bachelor’s degree program. Up to 25 renewable scholarships are awarded each year to residents of Oregon and Siskiyou County, California. Applicants must have graduated from a rural high school in Oregon or Siskiyou County OR be currently attending a rural community college in Oregon or Siskiyou County to qualify.
Scholarship amount: Award covers 90% of unmet college costs and is calculated on the college’s Cost of Attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships.
- Residents of Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif.
- Be a graduate from a rural high school in Oregon or Siskiyou County, California.
- OR -
Be attending a rural community college in Oregon or Siskiyou County, California.
- Students under the age of 25 by March 1 of the application year
- Current community college students with sophomore status or recent graduates (within the last academic year) of an accredited community college in their home state of Oregon or Calif. (Sophomore status as defined by their institution, as of March 1 of the application year)
- Students seeking a bachelor’s degree and have not previously earned a bachelor's degree
- Students who plan to enroll full time in their state of residence (Oregon or Calif.)
What is the scholarship?
- Supports students who have significant financial barriers to college
- Financial support calculated on college Cost of Attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships
- In addition to a generous financial award, Scholars receive academic guidance, leadership development, personal and professional support, and access to the Ford Family alumni network
- Renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study
How to Apply
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (or alternative if undocumented) as soon as possible after October 1
- Then, start your application form here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100 | Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 | Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223