Ford Transfer Scholars Program
For community college students
On This Page
The Ford Transfer Scholars Program offers a comprehensive, need-based scholarship to high performing community college students under the age of 25 planning to transfer to a full-time bachelor’s degree program. Up to 25 renewable scholarships are awarded each year to residents of Oregon and Siskiyou County, California.
Scholarship amount: Award covers 90% of unmet college costs and is calculated on the college’s Cost of Attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships.
- Residents of Oregon or Siskiyou County, Calif.
- Students under the age of 25 by March 1 of the application year
- Current community college students or recent graduates (within the last academic year) of an accredited community college in their home state of Oregon or Calif.
- Students seeking a bachelor’s degree and have not previously earned a bachelor's degree
- Students who plan to enroll full time in their state of residence (Oregon or Calif.)
What is the scholarship?
- Supports students who have significant financial barriers to college
- Financial support calculated on college Cost of Attendance (tuition, fees, room and board, personal costs, etc.), minus other grants and scholarships
- In addition to a generous financial award, Scholars receive academic guidance, leadership development, personal and professional support, and access to the Ford Family alumni network
- Renewable for up to two years of undergraduate study at a four year institution
How to Apply
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (or alternative if undocumented) as soon as possible after October 1
- Applications are now closed. Applications open November 1.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Ford Family Foundation Scholarship Office
44 Club Road, Suite 100 | Eugene, OR 97401
Toll Free: (877) 864-2872 | Local: (541) 485-6211
Fax: (541) 485-6223