Technical Assistance Grants
Builds organizational capacity in rural communities
On This Page
Technical Assistance grants help organizations build their internal capacity to make a positive impact. They can be used to develop additional leadership expertise, engage in strategic planning or hire an outside consultant with specialized expertise. Grant funds cannot be used to compensate staff or board members to conduct the work of a consultant.
Up to $5,000
Eligible organizations align with the funding guidelines outlined in Small Good Neighbor grants.
Examples of programs and projects include:
- Any learning or growth opportunity that increases organizational capacity
- Hiring a consultant to assist your organization in developing a strategic plan
- Hiring a trainer to train board and staff on effective fundraising strategies
- Paying for staff members to attend a training or conference that builds their skills and capacity
- Hiring an outside accountant to help build financial systems to make your organization eligible for governmental grants
Typical requests will take 8-12 weeks to be processed.