Prepare to Apply
What you'll need before you start your application
On This Page
Before you start any of our applications, in order to save time, be prepared with the following information:
Financial Information- Financial aid application - Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or alternative - Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA), or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) if undocumented.
- Most Current Transcript(s)- Provide the most recent transcript that shows your coursework and grades through the first term (i.e. first semester, second quarter, or first trimester) of your senior year depending on your school's academic calendar. Unofficial transcripts are accepted.
- College Plans- Let us know which college you will attend if you receive a Ford Family Foundation scholarship.
- Activities Focused on Past Four Years
- Paid and Unpaid Work
- Three Personal Statements Are Required
- What have you done for your family or community that you care about the most and why? Provide specific examples. (150 words)
- Describe a skill or ability you have developed that you are proud of. How did you develop it and why is it important to you? (150 words)
Describe a topic, idea or concept you find so engaging it makes you lose track of time. Why does it interest you and what do you do when you want to learn more? (150 words)
- Think of the place(s) you grew up or consider home. What lessons have you learned living there and how have they shaped who you are today? (150 words)
What are you known for among people who know you well? What would you like to be known for and how will college help you achieve that? (150 words)
- Family/Household Information- Help us understand who makes up your household and/or living situation.
- Contact information (email) for Special Recommendation- There is no minimum GPA for Ford Family scholarships, however if you have below a GPA below 3.0 or 660 GED, you must have a recommendation completed by an academic advisor, counselor or teacher.
For Opportunity, ReStart, and Transfer:
- College History and Transcripts- Provide all transcripts - current and past. If currently enrolled, current transcript must show your coursework and grades through the first term (i.e. first semester, second quarter, or first trimester) depending on your school's academic calendar. Past transcripts are required if you have previously attended other colleges. Past transcripts need to show entire coursework and grades completed at that school. Unofficial transcripts are accepted.